|Regulated Closure Link|
Activities below are restricted by the Regulated Closure. Additional restrictions and the full proclamation can be accessed at www.Oregon.gov/ODF/Fire/Pages/Restrictions.aspx
· Possession of the following firefighting equipment is required while traveling in a motorized vehicle, except on federal and state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2½ pound or larger fire extinguisher, except all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles which must be equipped with an approved spark arrestor in good working condition.
· Smoking is prohibited while traveling, except in vehicles on improved roads.
· Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires, except in designated areas.
· Chainsaw use is prohibited, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Chainsaw use is permitted at all other hours, if the following firefighting equipment is present with each operating saw: one axe, one shovel, and one operational 8 ounce or larger fire extinguisher. In addition, a fire watch is required at least one hour following the use of each saw.
· Mowing dried grass with power driven equipment is prohibited, between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., except for the commercial culture/harvest of agricultural crops.
· Cutting, grinding & welding of metal is prohibited between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m
· Use of motor vehicles, including motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, is prohibited, except on improved roads and except for vehicle use by a landowner and employees of the landowner upon their own land while conducting activities associated with their livelihood.
· The use of fireworks and blasting is prohibited.
The use of tracer ammunition or exploding targets is illegal within the District during fire season. As of January 1, 2017 sky lanterns and other luminaries are prohibited in Oregon.
In addition to the public use restrictions the District is also implementing additionalFire Prevention Requirements for Industrial Operations in the Prineville and John Day Units effective July 22, 2018 at 1:00 a.m. Regulated Closure Areas MH-1 and MH-4 in The Dalles Unit are currently in Industrial Fire Precaution Level 3.
More information on these restrictions and closures as well as additional information on ODF’s Central Oregon District, including contact information, please visit www.ODFcentraloregon.com